Wednesday 28 July 2010

Library (Tues)Day in the Life

I spent most of the day with e-reading renewals and withdrawing items from behind the counter - not the most exciting tasks but necessary ones! Not sure why some of the things behind the counter hadn't been thrown away years ago - many old VHS tapes and items that hadn't been issued this millennium. Guess they were kept because we've had the space but this is soon to disappear when we get our new library counter next month. The new counter will give us minimal storage space, giving over more of the library entrance space to users, which can only be a good thing.

After work, I went to a meeting with my chartership mentee. This is the first time I've mentored and I really enjoy it. My mentee is from a different sector to me and it's interesting to hear about her work and the challenges that arise. We're approaching the final stages of the process now and she's hoping to submit towards the end of this year. If you're chartered, I'd definitely recommend training to be a CILIP mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment