Thursday 17 February 2011

23 Things: search engines and bookmarks

It's two in one this time, as I've had to catch up with the programme.

Thing 9 was creating our own search engine using Rollyo. You'll notice that I've added my Rollyo search engine to the right. From here, you can search this blog, a selection of websites on Ancient Egypt, or the web. Feel free to try it out!

Thing 10 is tagging and folksonomies, specifically looking at delicious. I've used delicious in the past but didn't really take to it. In the spirit of 23 Things, I've had another look at my account. I saved some bookmarks this time last year, when looking at other University library blogs for inspiration when starting our subject blogs at Westminster. However, most of the bookmarked blogs hadn't been updated for ages, so I've deleted them. I saved some new bookmarks on Egyptology and (my other obsession) Matt Damon. You can see all my bookmarks at on my delicious page If you haven't seen the youtube clip of Matt slating Sarah Palin, I strongly suggest you do. Just one reason why he's such an amazing guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment